October 12, 2010

Oil can makeover.

Several months ago while cleaning out my grandfather's shed, I discovered 3 old oil cans. They were pretty cool looking and I knew immediately that I wanted to do something with them! They sat for awhile before I decided to turn them into planters! I was able to tackle this ridiculously simple project a few weekends ago. With a little help from granite spray paint, they went from this.... To this...So pretty and simple...
Initially, I had them in the backyard but since I wanted to see them more often, I moved them into the front garden. And because I love bargains, I scored the 3 plants on clearance from Target for $.25 each! And I already had the spray paint...so really the whole thing cost me only .75 cents!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I love the color and how it looks with the plants you chose :) I wish I could find plant bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! You should put some of this on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete