January 10, 2011

Ugly frame.

Sometimes during my lunch break I'll aimlessly walk the aisles of the Habitat for Humanity store looking for some inspiration. And thankfully, that's exactly what I found last week with this dusty, out of date frame and "art".
For a mere $4.99 I couldn't pass it up! I really liked the outside and inside frame and the pop from the interior artwork. I knew some spray paint would magically transform it so I cleaned it up a bit and then busted out the paint!
I had my standard grey on hand so I just used that.
It was already looking better but I knew it needed a little more pizazz so I took some scrap booking paper and cut it down to fit the inside border. It was harder that it looks and I was annoyed because I couldn't get the little flower things to line up and I ran out of double sided tape but I won't concern you with those details! Here's the final product!
I tried it in a few different places around the house but I think it has found it's home above the mantle!
I love when simple things like an old frame can be turned into something new and pretty to look at!
My next project is the organization my spice cupboard! There's nothing original about it...I'm flat out stealing this idea! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. awesome. now I know what to get you for your birthday - spray paint! But no gray, I think you have that covered!

    ReplyDelete