November 11, 2011

Veterans Day.

While browsing through Google images for something to post today, I stumbled upon this picture...
 I don't know who this man is, but it's such a beautiful and simple image, that it brings tears to my eyes. I can't help but think of what must have been going through his mind as he took a seat and looked around the World War II Memorial in Washington D.C. Was he thinking of his own experiences in the service? How challenging it was to be away from his family? Returning home without some of his men? How much he loves this country?

Whatever it was, I am grateful for men like him. And thankful for the men and women who have so valiently served our country!

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." - Cynthia Ozick

No comments:

Post a Comment