April 4, 2012

Greek yogurt cake.

I don't cook or bake very often but every now and then the mood strikes! And it struck last night when I was inspired to try a cake recipe I saw pinned from Hungry Girl. The claim is that a box of Devil's Food Cake Mix, a cup of plain Greek yogurt and one cup of water would yield a velvety, moist, and decadent cake!

Let's see shall we??

I started with the necessary ingredients and decided to throw in a tablespoon of chia seeds, too. If it's going to be healthy, let's go real healthy!
 First step was mixing the yogurt into the cake mix...
Here is was after it was mixed, it looked a little clumpy...
 And then I added one cup of water and a tablespoon of chia seeds and mixed with a spatula...
The consistency at this point was a little strange and very thick! I was tempted to add more water because it just didn't seem right. But I resisted that urge and I am so glad I did!!
It was amazing!! Possibly the most amazing cake I've ever had!! Big claim, right? It's true. Seriously.
And you couldn't even see or taste the chia seeds :-)

Velvety?  Check!
Moist?  Check!
Decadent?  Check!

It was so good and I will definitely be making this again!

Bon appetit, everyone!

**I'm linked up to Southern Lovely**

1 comment:

  1. Only three ingredients? That's my kind of cake!! I'll have to make it when no one in my house is watching. They'll never know...

    ReplyDelete