November 10, 2011

Suitcase Table #2.

I've had this vintage suitcase and table legs lying around for at least the last year! After I moved, the suitcase was stored high above my closet but my recent closet makeover project has forced me into action! So I pulled it down and got to work! This is such an easy project and I just love how it turned out!! Thankfully, I had a spot in mind for this little guy - right between my two vintage cane chairs.
  This is the second suitcase table I've made and this one was just as easy as the first! I started with a suitcase, table legs, and some mounting plates! The suitcase was salvaged from my grandparent's garage, the legs came from Habitat for Humanity Re-Store (for $1 each!) and the plates I bought from Lowe's for about $1.50 each.  They are also available on Amazon if you don't want to trek through a home improvement store!

It's really an incredibly easy project! Some tutorials say to place a piece of particle board inside the suitcase for the screws to drill into...but I skipped that step and just drilled directly into the suitcase and it's just fine :-)

I love it!!
I also love the total cost of the project - only ten bucks!! 

And if you're interested, you're looking at my next two projects! I adore these two cane chairs that were gifted to me and I think I'm finally ready to paint and reupholster them! A rainy weekend forecast just might help me finally get this project marked off my list!

Until next time...

*I'm linked up to House of Hepworth's, Fingerprints on the Fridge, and Saved by Suzy*

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I think I love that table!! I just scored two vintage suitcases, but neither of mine are as cute as yours. I think I might try my hand at recovering them, but for now I will just drool over yours! Can't wait to see the chairs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool project! I've never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! How chic! I will definitely be looking for some old suitcases now!! Great job! Your newest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so L O V E this!!! I'm on the lookout for an old suitcase from here out! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, this is a really cute idea that I've actually never seen before! I might be borrowing this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I am featuring your table at my House Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to do one for a 12 year old's room, and repaint the old suitcase with filly items inside for her. Do you have any ideas about what type paint to use on the outside of case to change color.

    ReplyDelete