June 19, 2012

OYCP.

I'm back from Portland!! Actually, I've been back since Saturday night but am just now getting around to blogging! It was a wonderful trip and one that was centered around attending my niece's graduation from the Oregon Youth Challenge Program
 It's an Oregon National Guard program designed for students who are failing, dropped out, or not attending high school - and I can now say that it changes lives! My niece has always been a super smart girl but she got caught up in the wrong crowd and made some poor decision along the way. Back in January when she first enrolled in OYCP, I prayed that she would use this opportunity to find herself and discover/believe that she is a smart, beautiful, confident young women who, with a little effort, could do absolutely anything in life! I prayed the Lord would grant her the strength, determination, and focus that it would take to complete the 5 month program! And complete it she did!!

Of the 126 graduates, 12 had a perfect 4.0 GPA and my sweet niece was one of them!!
Words can't describe how proud I am of her!!
Congratulations, sweetie!! I am so excited for all that your future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment