November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving in New Orleans.

Hi everyone! I know I'm a little late but I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I spent a lovely 8 days in New Orleans visiting my dear friends Christopher and Leanne. They were so hospitable and are just all around wonderful people and I feel so blessed to have been able to spend Thanksgiving with them!
 It was my third time visiting NOLA - the first two visits were on mission trips to help with the rebuilding after Katrina in 2007 and 2009. This was my very first non-mission trip visit and it was amazing!  I pretty much Instagrammed like crazy but thought I'd quickly share a few of my favorite pics...

This lady insisted on feeding the animals despite the numerous signs advising against it!
 Happy Hour at John Besh's Domenica was amazing!! We also dined at The American Sector which is equally amazing!
 The architecture in New Orleans is so beautiful!! It's probably my most favorite thing about the city and my friend, Leanne, completely indulged me by driving up and down street after street including a private one in Uptown where we admired this beauty...
 Thanksgiving dessert was an absolutely divine Sweet Potato Praline Cheesecake.
To. Die. For.
And of course, no trip to New Orleans is complete with a snoball!!
And on a more serious note, my friend Dana, who I've known for years, was also in town for part of my stay. She's originally from Alabama but moved to Long Beach to go to college. Dana's currently working on gaining a Presidential pardon for her father, Don Siegelman, the former governor of Alabama. The case and injustice surrounding it is pretty remarkable. Dana and I may find ourselves on the opposite side of the political spectrum, but I agree that Don Siegelman should not be in prison. If you feel so inclined, please take a moment to sign the petition!
Overall, this was was such a great vacation and I cherished the time I was able to spend with Christopher, Leanne, Doris, Bella and Dana! And although I was sad to see it end, it's been raining here in Southern California, so if I had to come back, I'm so glad I came back to fun winter weather!!

I'm hoping to pull out my Christmas decorations on Saturday and turn my place into a mini-winter wonderland!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete