January 31, 2013

Gold edged business cards.

Hey everyone! Remember me?? Well, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't...it's been awhile! My absence has not been due to a lack of projects, that's for sure, it's been my lack of reliable internet service. For some reason, my WiFi is acting crazy but I'm having a good moment right now so I thought I'd share a quick project with all of you!
I saw this on Pinterest awhile ago and immediately pinned it to my "I could do that" board. It was a way to add a little flair to otherwise perfectly adequate business cards. All you need is some gold metallic spray paint and business cards. I had both on hand so this little sprucing was a totally free project!!

Here they were before, all nice and not gold.
 I used Rust-oleum Metallic spray paint in gold, took a small stack, weighed it down with something, and gently sprayed the edges.
I let it dry for about 30 minutes and then fanned them out. I was pleasantly surprised to see the gold stayed mainly on the edges - it was only the first few cards at the top of the stack that had some bleed through. I just tossed those and the rest were perfect.

So there you have it! A super easy and successful Pinterest project that I totally adore!! 


4 comments:

  1. It's an amazing post...really different card idea's...thanks you share it.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job, Rachel. With a simple project you've learned from Pinterest, you were able to give your business cards a new look. From simple white, the cards turned glossy and smooth. They became more stylish than before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to White Gray Business Card . White Gray Business Card for almost any kind of company, or even personal use. All text layers can be changed with one click. All objects can be resized without any quality loss (shapes).


    Features:
    Fully Layered PSD files. Fully Customizable and Editable with a click. CMYK Setting. 300 DPI High Resolution. 3.5” x 2”(3.75” x 2.25” with bleed setting). Print Ready Format.

    Files Includes:
    • 2 Photoshop PSD Files • 1 Readme File

    Free Fonts Used:
    Arial: Defualt Cwg-sans: http://www.dafont.com/cwg-sans.font

    ReplyDelete