April 28, 2014

Home Sweet Home.

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was filled with an overdue happy hour, walks on the beach, church, Craigslist wheeling and dealing, the farmer's market and and the delivery of my new sofa! It's hard to pick the top highlight in there, but the sofa is a top contender! I was chatting with a friend and realized that this is my 3rd sofa in as many years! That might be a sign of some sort of problem but for now I'll just chalk it up to... liking change. Yeah...that's it. I like change! 

Anyway, here's what the empty room looked like before I moved in. The living area measures approximately 14 x 13 feet which is a pretty decent size space. 
 My initial thoughts for furniture placement was to have the back of the sofa create a bit of a "hallway" effect when you first walked in. I liked it but it felt a tad cramped not leaving much room to get into my dresser or walk around the coffee table to the chair in the corner. I ended up switching out the coffee table and brought in my silver trunk since it was smaller and that helped a little bit but still decided to move things around... 
Thankfully, I had asked the cable guy to give me the option of moving my TV to the other wall so I just had to unscrew a few things and shift everything over to the other side. Having the furniture like this opened it WAY up! It feels 100% bigger!
So once I knew I liked that placement, I had to just patiently wait for the delivery guys to arrive with my new sofa! I has been looking at a lot of sofa options including sectionals and sleepers but ultimately fell in love with the look and price of the Lorelai Sofa from Living Spaces.
It's like it was meant to be!
I love the size, scale and color of this and imagine having her for a long time to come! As for the place overall, things are starting to come together and the apartment is starting to feel more and more like home. Especially by adding a few of my accessories to the mix...


And since we all love a good before and after...here's a side by side of the room empty and now furnished!
I can't wait to get some color on the walls and curtains hung, but until that happens, I'm feeling pretty good about how the place is coming along!

Until next time...


18 comments:

  1. Looks great! The light gray works so much better than the dark...it's crazy how a simple change can make such a big difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so cute! Love the couch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always inspect the drawers on pieces of furniture that you are considering. You should be able to tell a lot about the piece was well made. Thanks From cloakroom basin vanity units

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greate article. Keep writing such kind of info on your page. Im really impressed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firmly seeking for the birds will not be more than their fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. and I would like to get furthur information in your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was very impressed when I found your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the auspicious writeup Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just desire to say your article is as surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The clearness on your publish is simply spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot more peoople must read his and understand this side of thhe story.

    ReplyDelete