May 4, 2011

Ruffles.

There are few things that scream "girly" and "feminine" quite like ruffles! So when I saw that Urban Outfitters had an awesome ruffled duvet cover - I knew I wanted it! The problem is after taxes and shipping, it would cost me over $200!! I was having a hard time justifying spending that much on bedding, because lets be honest, I've been more of a bed in bag kind of girl. And I tend to change my mind so I didn't want to be stuck with something that was expensive that I didn't like anymore.

But I really loved it! And I found that I continued to go back to urbanoutfitters.com and several other sites, but found nothing else that I browsed even came close!!

So I had a yard sale, made about $200 and decided to splurge and buy it!!

But...then I chickened out and decided to wait. But about 2 weeks ago, I went back to the UO.com and saw that the duvet was on clearance for $99.00 and snatched it up!!
I absolutely love it!!! However, that headboard I made awhile back had to go! So I hopped over to the fabric store and picked up a yard (I love that it's the exact amount needed to cover this!) of a bright textured yellow fabric and recovered it.
 I didn't even bother removing the old fabric so after a few minutes with the staple gun and the new stuff - it was done!
The walls of my place are a much darker gray so I'm excited to see how it looks in the new space. Until then, I'm enjoying how a new bedspread has changed the entire feel of my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment