October 19, 2011

On the ledge.

I'm a big believer that making a small change can make a big difference! Cue the wall above my above my desk.
 
I decided to take apart my starburst clock and restore it to its' original condition. It was simply made out of bamboo skewers that I had spray painted and hot glued onto a round piece of cardboard. It was pretty dominant on that wall and I wanted to do something new, so down it came! 

With this wall free, I wanted to make it feel more like an office (even though it's in my bedroom and right next to the front door.) So on Sunday afternoon, I took a lovely trip to IKEA with a couple of friends and soon had everything I needed and then some! For the office wall, I picked up a picture ledge, some simple white frames, and a few asker jars. I then added my clock, and a few other accessories I had on hand.
I toyed with the idea of adding a few frames and even a frame turned chalkboard in the space below the ledge, but I couldn't find an arrangement that worked for me and it was feeling a bit crowded. I have another idea swirling around in my head, but for now, I'm enjoying the new simple addition to the room. 
Here's another look of the before and after...
So simple, but I love the transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment