January 20, 2012

Perpetual DIY micro-journal.

I saw this idea for a micro-journal awhile back (even before Pinterest!) Ha...it's hard to imagine a world without Pinterest! But it was pre-pinning and I loved the idea so I made one but never really used it! Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I sold it last year at a yard sale for like $2. 
 But with the new year just beginning, I decided to make another one and actually start doing it! To be honest, I had already done all the stamping (because I made a few sets last time around) so all I needed to do was find the perfect container! I didn't really like the yellow one I used that time so I knew that type was out. I wanted one that would provide a little more support to the cards and found this adorable little thing yesterday for $1 in the Target Dollar Spot!
 And since I'm being honest, I didn't really like the monthly dividers in the last one (no wonder I sold it for two bucks!)
So for this one, I just used what I had lying around...a simple small pink binder clip. It works perfectly and there's no fooling around trying to find today's date! 
So there you have it! I really love this container (although I might remove the ribbon!) and I'm super excited to keep it up! So for years to come, I'll always know that January 19, 2012 was the day I helped Janice pick out a new couch and we lunched at Chick-fil-a!

**I'm linked up to Southern Lovely and a Bowl Full of Lemons**

7 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I just might have to start one myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! Found you over at A Bowl Full of Lemons. I'm pinning this for my future use :)

    Mandy |Small Fine Print|
    www.smallfineprint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. terrific idea! what the heck is "pre-Pinterest"? lol!! I can't imagine life without Pinterest! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who needs a fancy journal, this is so cool looking. You just want to touch it and use it. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea - so simple, easy, looks great, and easy to store. I can't wait to make one for myself! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. Just started using Pinterest so will attempt to pin! It will be my first!

    ReplyDelete