February 28, 2011

Another lamp.

Continuing with my unofficial lamp series, I thought I'd share a little something I completed about a month ago. It was originally going to be a part of Linda's bedroom makeover but after giving that design plan more thought, I knew that it wasn't going to work for Linda. But lucky for me...it fits right into my living room!
 I started with a $4 lamp from the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and a can of purple spray paint. Actually, I started with the fabric first and then the purple followed but for the sake of this post let's just go with the purple first!
I found this print at a local fabric store and immediately fell in love with it! The purple, the gray, the green....it's practically perfect!
 Add that to a lampshade I found for about $3 and you get this:
My living room has very few prints so it definitely adds a little pop to the room, which I love! And the total cost for it (including the fabric) was a mere eleven dollars!!

Now you see the end table the lamp is on?? It's in horrific need of some attention and I had been putting it off because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. However, I think I've finally figured it out so it's on my list and will get a post of it's own very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment