September 15, 2011

Ray LaMontagne.

Happy TGI (almost) F! I'm really looking forward to the weekend, how about you? I have just a few things on my to do list but I'm hoping to simply enjoy the beautiful cool weather that's expected in Southern California this weekend! Before then, I wanted to share a quick tidbit of what I did this week! On Tuesday afternoon, I drove down to San Diego with my dear friend, Jessica, to see Ray LaMontagne at the Copely Symphony Hall!

Hello...gorgeous venue!
 
This place was beautiful! The architecture was stunning and very ornate and created a wonderfully intimate atmosphere.

Now prior to the show, the only song I knew was "Trouble" which I've heard on the radio but that was about it! Since the show, I've downloaded three of his albums. And they are all amazing! It helped that Jessica is a huge fan and gave me certain songs to look out for as being extra special! Here's the view from our seats...Ray is the one on the far right.
Now, I'm generally a happy person with very little to complain about, but every now and then I like to feel a bit melancholic (even if there's no reason) and I now have the wonderful Ray LaMontagne to help me out.  

Here's a snippet of one my favorite lyrics from "Empty"...

Well, I looked my demons in the eyes
laid bare my chest, said "Do your best, destroy me.
You see, I've been to hell and back so many times,
I must admit you kind of bore me."

Ugh...painful and heart wrenching, right? I love it :-)

Here's the full song, if you care to take a listen...

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete