February 18, 2012

Saying goodbye to Old Plaid.

I just thought I'd check in and let you in on some exciting news! I bought a new sofa and chair on Thursday! What? Not as exciting as you may have hoped? Well, it is super exciting to me! I've been wanting a new sofa for the last year or so and finally bit the bullet and bought one! Although, I would love for it to have been one of the sofas I ooh'd and ahhh'd over in this post, it is not.

But let's talk about what I had and why a new one was in order.
I had inherited this lovely plaid number from my grandfather, who had inherited it from my uncle, who I'm pretty sure bought it the 1970's! Beggars can't be choosers, so once it was slip covered, it worked just fine for what I needed.
But then on Thursday, I walked into a local furniture store that had been promoting a going out of business sale with discounts up to 85% and even though I didn't think I would actually buy anything, I secretly hoped I would!!

And I did!

So I immediately posted Old Plaid in the free section of Craigslist and it was picked up this morning! And now I'm waiting for the new one to arrive along with a coordinating chair! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment