February 10, 2012

Heart shaped tissue paper wreath.

I know that Valentine's Day (also my birthday!!!) is just 4 days away, but it's never too late for a holiday themed wreath!!

I was itching for something new on my front door and figured I could make a really simple one for Valentine's Day! I contemplated making a pretty felt one out of rosettes but the idea of cutting a bunch of spirals and rolling and hot gluing was not something I felt like doing, ESPECIALLY, if I only get to enjoy this for 4 or so days.

So I headed over to Michael's and picked up this heart shaped cardboard like form for about $3 and I got some light and dark pink tissue paper from Party City also for $3.
I cut the tissue paper into strips about 4 to 5 inches wide and them started wrapping them into themselves and just taped the end so it didn't unravel. For larger rosettes, I used three sheets of tissue paper and for the smaller ones, I used either one or two sheets.
 I wrapped the form with a layer of tissue paper in case I had any gaps (which I do!) and then just taped on the rosettes.  Easy peasy.
I checked the weather forecast and we might get a little rain on Valentine's Day (yay...I love the rain!), so I'll have to bring this little gal inside because she is clearly not waterproof! But that's a small price to pay for a $6 project :-)

**I'm linked up to The Shabby Nest, Happy Hour Projects, A Bowl Full of Lemons, and Nutmeg Place**

5 comments:

  1. This turned out so pretty! And Happy Birthday on Tuesday! I would love if you would link up to my party: http://www.nutmegplace.com/2012/02/show-off-saturday-1.html

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg...thank for the invite! I linked up :-)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! LOVE it!

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete