October 30, 2013

Quick succulent project.

Well, well, well....look who's back? It's me! You may (or may not) have noticed that I took a little break from blogging over the last 6 weeks! It wasn't intentional...it just kind of happened.

But I'm here now and I have a fun little project to share with you!
Last time I was at IKEA, I picked up this assorted succulent. It was only $3 and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! I have these two little wall candles that are part of my larger gallery wall which I picked up at Christmas boutique at least 4 years ago. And in the last 4 years, I've never lit them! Mostly because I didn't want the wall or candle holders to get sooty. 
So replacing the candles with the succulent was an easy way to spruce them up and give them new life!  All I had to do was break apart the succulent and replace the candle in each holder with some dirt and a stalk of the plant.
Each stalk had a little dirt ball root so I popped that in and then filled in the rest with some of the loose dirt.
I gave them a bit of water and I'm done! I'm not much of a gardener so I hope they live! 
 For now,  I love the little pop greenery it adds to the wall and it's actually inspiring me to bring in other elements into the wall, hence that lone gold frame. I've been thinking about mixing in some color and just need to live with it while I decide. 
Swapping out the dusty candles with the plants, helped turned those holders from something I liked into something I love again! I love when it's that easy :-) 

1 comment: