June 27, 2011

Inspiration.

If you haven't heard of the latest craze in social media, please allow me to introduce you to Pinterest. It's basically a social media platform where you put together various "Inspiration Boards."

It's addicting and I love it.

Pinterest is where I discovered the inspiration for my bedroom! This bedroom features things I didn't even know I loved - like that canopy!

Hello...gorgeous!!

You can see more of that room at Dwellings by Devore.

I love everything about that bedroom and I'm planning on slowly transforming mine to look similar but with my own twist! And of course, I'm on a budget, need to work with what I have and I have a LONG, LONG way to go but at least I'm on my way!

It started with my yellow transformable habitat headboard.
 It was good for what I needed at the time but I'm over it and it's been replaced with a freshly painted black headboard.

The headboard actually matches the dresser I just stained and painted. I forgot to take a close up of the detailing after it was painted but here it is in it's original condition...

 Next up...I'm thinking a black bedskirt and that canopy! Here's another look...
Love. it.

If any of you are on Pinterest, I'd love to follow you!

And if you want, you can find me here.

One last thing, if anyone is interested in my yellow headboard, just let me know! It's currently slid behind my dresser but I'd love for it to find a new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment