February 24, 2011

I love lamp.

Until fairly recently, I had never given much thought to lamps and how amazing they can be. My tripod lamp creation was the first time I put any effort into lighting but it has consequently given me a new found love for lamps! Anyway, as part of Linda's bedroom makeover I found two fantastic matching brass ones at Goodwill marked $7.99 each. It's hard to think of brass as fantastic but with a little spray paint - it can be! 
 
 Much to my surprise the lamps were 1/2 off so I got both for only $8! Add a little oil rubbed bronze spray paint and a new $20 lamp shade and we had this:
Here's the other one staged temporarily on the dresser...
 I absolutely love how they both turned out!!

And since we're talking about lamps, I thought I'd share a picture of one I just bought (thanks in part to a gift card from my dear friend, Jill!) Linda and I did a little shopping for accessories at a TJ Maxx/Home Goods out in Chino Hills and they had several lamps on clearance and I just couldn't pass up this little artichoke!
Couldn't you just eat it??

It replaces two fairly simple lamps that are now up on Craigslist if anyone happens to be interested.

1 comment:

  1. Love the lamp shade on the copper re-do! seriously, love it!

    and the artichoke is adorable! I look forward to every single one of your projects!

    ReplyDelete