May 16, 2011

Moving day.

Wow! I can't believe the big day has already come and gone!  There had been so much planning, cleaning and organizing over the last 15 months that it's hard to believe that all of that is behind me and that I'm in my new place.

First of all, thank you to everyone who helped me move on Saturday!! You guys are rock stars!! Seriously. Thank you.

Everything went really well from start to finish except for the fact that there was still a little construction going on in the kitchen/living room so as we unloaded the U-Haul, everything landed in the bedroom! The beautiful kitchen (pictures to come) was practically done by Saturday night so I felt like I made a lot of progress between then and now!!

This was Saturday afternoon...
This was Sunday evening....
It's an improvement, right???

The other side of the room is kind of in the same shape. Ugh...why do I have so many things???
I totally thought I downsized. 

Guess I was wrong.

 Although, my saving grace is the cozy living room! It's pretty much put together enough to be able to sit in here and forget about the mountain of cardboard in the next room!!
I'm hoping for vast improvements over the next few days!!

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing Rachel!!! It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great progress! I think it's looking great already :) And I'm taking notes...because I think I am downsizing too so maybe I need to do a little more :)

    ReplyDelete