November 4, 2011

Rosette making.

About a month ago, I hadn't the slightest idea of how to make rosettes. But thanks to a quick tutorial by a friend and an even quicker glance online, I realized just how easy they were to make! So I thought I'd share a quick tutorial on how I made the rosettes used for my felt rosette wreath.

I didn't want to waste a lot of felt so I made two different sizes and placed them alternately around the form. The larger rosette was made out of the inner part of the felt and the outside gave me the smaller one.

But here you...your guide to quick and easy felt rosettes:
1. Get a square piece of felt.
2. Starting at a corner, cut about an inch or so into the square making sure the edges are rounded. I've seen others cut more of a circle, but I didn't see the need. I then rounded edges of the outer piece so I could make two rosettes out of one piece of felt.
3. Take the large circle/square and begin cutting it into a spiral. You can just eyeball it, an imperfection here and there never hurt anyone :-)
4. Now that the felt is cut, it's time to start making them! Take one strand of felt and begin wrapping it into itself and then keep wrapping until you have your rosette.
5. Take a bit of glue (I used hot glue) to secure the end.
6. Admire your creation!

Easy right? It seems so simple to me know, but hopefully this will help someone who just needed to see how it's done!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment