September 15, 2012

Whale watching.

Hey everyone...happy Saturday! I hope you are all enjoying the weekend! As for me, I'm planning on staying indoors because it's going to be a hot one! Yesterday was miserable...with temps nearing 110 degrees!
 
When it's that's hot, there's really no better place to be than or on the water....and if you're on the water you might as well be whale watching, right? I had been whale watching once before during a field trip in the 5th grade, but I can't remember if we saw anything (which probably means we didn't.)
 
So with high hopes we boarded the Ocean Explorer out of Newport...
Got our lovely view of the waterfront homes...
 And once we were out of the harbor, we began watching for whales...
And watching and watching...
The water was very calm but there wasn't a whale in sight!
 
The closest we got to marine life were the pelicans who kept flying along side our boat...

 
 
And just before we headed back into the harbor, we saw some California sea lions hanging out.
Despite not a single whale sighting, I still had a great time! The views were spectacular and the weather was gorgeous (that is, until we got back on land.) And because we didn't see anything, everyone got a "whale check" to come back and try again! Maybe next time we'll have better luck!
 
And on another note, my new rug arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it!! I'll post pictures soon.
 
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete